Welcome, jerks.


Yeah, I got the fever. Three or four years ago, a rabid, red-eyed zombie sank its rotten teeth into my arm and thus I was infected with a peculiar strain of irrational obsession. Since then I have breathed, eaten, and slept bikes and almost nothing else. Maybe a vaccine will be invented, or maybe it'll simply pass, but until then I'm a slave to my compulsion to buy, transport, take apart, degrease, scour, lube, polish, assemble, tune, tighten, align, wax, buff, and yes, ride, ride, ride these magical two-wheeled machines.

So, the idea is, on this page I'm going to post pictures and perhaps stories of bikes that I've refurbished and ridden or ones that are in the process or recently completed. Maybe it'll expand from there. We'll see, I guess.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Buyer Feedback

If you've bought a bike from me, let me know how it's going with it. Have you taken it on a bike-camping trip? Have you ridden a century on it? Or a brevet? Have you used it everyday to get to and from work? What have you done to customize it to your needs? Do you ever get compliments on it? Do you hate it and want your money back? (Hopefully not.) Anyway, let me know what you think by commenting below! Don't forget to mention which bike is yours, and feel free to post a link to a pic of you and your cycle.

7 comments:

  1. In late 2011, I think, I spotted one of Andre's advertisements on Craigslist and before long was standing in his courtyard, making the acquaintance of a Nishiki Riviera he'd bought and reconditioned. What a lovely machine and what a nice way to learn about the work that goes into making an old touring bicycle better adapted to one who rides on rather unforgiving surfaces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased a single-speed Fuji Porteur from Andre in the Fall of 2012. Andre was very prompt in his service and very agreeable to deal with, business-wise.
    The bike itself is absolutely beautiful. All the components had been fully refurbished or replaced, the aesthetics of the bike are gorgeous with red accents and a handy wine-crate mounted on the front rack. I consistently get compliments on this bike fron strangers.
    The bike rides smoothly and gracefully, I have never encountered a mechanical problem with the ride and the build was professionally and competently executed.
    I highly recommend doing business with Andre. For professionalism and quality, he is top notch.

    -Jack
    Fuji Single-speed Porteur
    2012

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stumbled onto Andre's restored Bottecchia "Super Cruiser" teardown and felt like it was a great match for me. I was a slow decider on this, and Andre was fantastic and accommodating in answering my questions until I decided to buy. I appreciate that.

    The bike itself is awesome. The components all across the bike are varied - from different brand, regions, and eras - but somehow there is a nice aesthetic and balance to all of them, so that the bike as a whole comes together in nice way. I am riding it almost daily to work and getting lots of compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, love your blog ! have a question, I'm trying to put together a Raleigh Portage from frame up. I can't find a pair of shift levers to fit the down tube bosses, I notice you have fitted a pair of Shimano levers, they look new, can you tell me what model they are and any idea where i could purchase same ? Many thanks, Tony Gill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tanks Andre, I thought I was the only one.....
    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete