Welcome, jerks.


Yeah, I got the fever. Three or four years ago, a rabid, red-eyed zombie sank its rotten teeth into my arm and thus I was infected with a peculiar strain of irrational obsession. Since then I have breathed, eaten, and slept bikes and almost nothing else. Maybe a vaccine will be invented, or maybe it'll simply pass, but until then I'm a slave to my compulsion to buy, transport, take apart, degrease, scour, lube, polish, assemble, tune, tighten, align, wax, buff, and yes, ride, ride, ride these magical two-wheeled machines.

So, the idea is, on this page I'm going to post pictures and perhaps stories of bikes that I've refurbished and ridden or ones that are in the process or recently completed. Maybe it'll expand from there. We'll see, I guess.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Fuji S10-S LTD

This late '70s Fuji came to me for townie conversion. Her current owner had consulted me months earlier about the purchase. I said go for it, and let me know when you want to overhaul it!


She got Soma Oxford bars (very similar to the Nitto Albatross), Velo Orange fenders, MKS Touring Lite pedals, and a sprung Brooks B67. Fitting those fenders in with the tight (~5mm) clearance was no picnic. It involved machining custom hardware for the job, the questionable use of a hammer, and of course copious use of the f-word.






4 comments:

  1. Beautiful conversion, beautiful bike! Of course I'm biased to those old fujis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that bike. It was originally mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wanna buy it now!let me know!

    ReplyDelete