Welcome, jerks.


Yeah, I got the fever. Three or four years ago, a rabid, red-eyed zombie sank its rotten teeth into my arm and thus I was infected with a peculiar strain of irrational obsession. Since then I have breathed, eaten, and slept bikes and almost nothing else. Maybe a vaccine will be invented, or maybe it'll simply pass, but until then I'm a slave to my compulsion to buy, transport, take apart, degrease, scour, lube, polish, assemble, tune, tighten, align, wax, buff, and yes, ride, ride, ride these magical two-wheeled machines.

So, the idea is, on this page I'm going to post pictures and perhaps stories of bikes that I've refurbished and ridden or ones that are in the process or recently completed. Maybe it'll expand from there. We'll see, I guess.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Trek 620 Rebuild - All Done!

After much toil and struggle, my latest project is complete... or all but complete anyway. (I'm still waiting on the bar tape to arrive.) It turned out quite differently from how I had envisioned it, but I'm happy all the same. It's already turned a few heads on short test rides and one visit to the bike shop. I'm guessing that it will take a while to sell as it's a rather specialized vehicle and not for everyone, but that just means I get to spend more time enjoying it (which was my secret agenda all along). Woohoo!











3 comments:

  1. This is, quite possibly, the lovliest bike I've ever seen. How does it ride?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's high praise, indeed. It rides wonderfully, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we get any parts list? I'm looking to rebuild my 1984 trek 620 and could use the help. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete