Welcome, jerks.


Yeah, I got the fever. Three or four years ago, a rabid, red-eyed zombie sank its rotten teeth into my arm and thus I was infected with a peculiar strain of irrational obsession. Since then I have breathed, eaten, and slept bikes and almost nothing else. Maybe a vaccine will be invented, or maybe it'll simply pass, but until then I'm a slave to my compulsion to buy, transport, take apart, degrease, scour, lube, polish, assemble, tune, tighten, align, wax, buff, and yes, ride, ride, ride these magical two-wheeled machines.

So, the idea is, on this page I'm going to post pictures and perhaps stories of bikes that I've refurbished and ridden or ones that are in the process or recently completed. Maybe it'll expand from there. We'll see, I guess.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

I think this was my first love...

... or hopeless infatuation, whichever you prefer: an '88 Miyata 1200 (three years younger and two notches down from my current Team Miyata, for those of you keeping count). From day one, she electrified my formerly staid existence with her aura of glamour. When we'd go out on the town, I couldn't help but notice (with shame) the painful incongruity between her elegant midnight blue attire and my own shabby garb. But like all grande dames, she had what it took to make a man out me. Soon I was strutting with a confidence and élan that I'd never before known. Even after some tempestuous months, during which we'd hardly deign to acknowledge each other's presence, I swore I'd never leave her. But the curse that follows all young men would not spare me. Soon my wandering eye was captivated by another svelte creature and in a fit of untempered jealously she left me...

Here's to you, milady! May your days be enchanted and your nights bewitching.






1 comment:

  1. Excellent! Who knew a bike blog could include both a torrid love affair and brusque betrayal in the same entry?

    Hope you continue to feed your fever. The Trek 620 rebuild is looking fabulous... I´m loving the classy cream color.

    ReplyDelete